Sunday, April 4, 2010

Over the weekend & more...

Tonight we're expecting some severe weather. Just my luck, right. It has to be at night when pictures are very hard to take. Anyways here is a view of the weather that's hitting us:

That little star is my location in relation to the storms approach. It should be arriving about the time I want to go to bed.


Tuesday, I am heading out to Wool Warp and Wheel for their Advanced Spinning class. I've got to finish up what is on my bobbin before class. 
Here is the class description: 
We'll cover worsted, woolen, and downy fiber techniques. You can spin what you want from ANY fleece if you apply the correct techniques. Spin bulky woolen or thread thin, spin to knit or spin to weave-with some simple adjustments and tricks, you can master your wheel. Learn when to use different whorls, how to adjust for proper tension, and how to adjust your speed to get the results you want.
I've got all sorts of fun to take with me. For instance, how about a braid of Sleep Dep or Farmer Joe. 
Maybe some Hebrides from the February installment of Cloudlover's Fiber Club. So many wonderful choices. (BTW there is still one fiber club spot open!!) Since Peter, my fiance, started spinning with a drop spindle we now receive a double dose. These little goodies are mine. We'll probably split March's braids. It's gorgeous!!! 
It's going to be a fun class and I cannot wait until Tuesday. 

Recently I purchased Intertwined: The Art of Handspun Yarn, Modern Patterns and Creative Spinning and it is a gem of knowledge and wisdom. Since trying coiled yarns my thirst for creative novelty yarns has not been quenched. There are so many things I want to try. This book is going to quench it. Thank goodness I've got my bulky flyer. 

About one or two months ago I bought some Ramie from a destash on Ravelry. Thank the gods for Ravelry's Fiberholics-spinner's iso & destash! It is perfect timing because the new issue of Spin-Off has an article and project on Ramie. That might be something to take to the Advanced Spinning class. ^_^ Their article on spinning fine yarn was a great one, too.

This weekend I was featured in Etsy's Treasury! It's so amazing! My shop has been open for about 2 weeks now. I didn't expect so much publicity so fast, but very very grateful for it. 

I'm not sure when the next dye day is going to be. Our month's schedule is extremely booked up. This weekend alone we have our knitting group, business meeting, a friend's wedding and a birthday party. We've got more birthday's this month than any other month. Hopefully there will be time for a small dye day on April 16th. There will be a special Doctor Who colorway if I dye on that day. On April 17th the US release of the next season starts at 8 PM. We love Doctor Who in the house. So much that my Firefox skin is the Tardis. lol 

Have a good Easter everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...