Saturday, January 7, 2012

St. Distaff's Day 2012

Good morning, everyone! It's been a slow morning, but the afternoon is picking up quite quickly. Thursday's dyeing adventures went very well. I tried a new method, which worked very well. Using a half gallon ball jar and dye from a previous occasion I stuffed four ounces of wool into the jar, sealed it, and cooked it for 30 minutes. The jars had to sit over night to cool, but the wool turned out great! It makes for a great semi-solid wool. I'll be spinning up the .01 sapphire blue solution after the dog hair project.

Yesterday I received my Fancy Kitty burnishing brush. It's gorgeous! Surprisingly the teeth are very soft. It probably helps that there are so many of them. I'm very eager to try this out soon. Maybe this will make carding a lot easier.

For St. Distaff's Day, my challenge is to finish spinning this Cormo/Alpaca/Dog fluff and ply it. It shouldn't be hard, just time consuming. I'm also giving a braid of fiber away at the Fun Onion ravelry group. The braid is your choice from this past dye day. Every colorway is a wonderful breath of fresh air.

A new year brings new exciting things into the world! This new year my goal is to produce some knitting patterns with handspun yarns. Today I'm working on a cabled hat pattern. It should be done by the end of the week and ready for a test knit. It will be for sale on ravelry as a pattern only, but possibly a kit on the website as well.




May your spinning be fun and full of moments of glory! Happy St. Distaff's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...