Monday, February 6, 2012

Today I am sad. My body no longer wishes to process fish in a kind manner. Friday, I had cod, which was followed by sickness. Then yesterday I tired salmon, which was and is being followed by sickness. It's hard to process anything in my stomach today. I had to cancel going out to a few locations to talk about wholesale and consignment. However, over the next two weeks I have two appointments to discuss wholesale and consignment, as well as teaching a drop spindle class. This afternoon I started a cowl with some super chunky handspun yarn. It's coming along quite swimmingly. The best thing about chunk yarn is it knits very very quickly. This project should be finished in one night. Best of all I am going to write the pattern shortly after it is finished, including the spinning directions. :)

Also, I wanted to put out there that I will be giving a lecture at the Holy Communion Episcopal Church of Lake Geneva this Sunday after services. It is titled Spinning Toward God. I will be taking about the spiritual side of spinning that many of us forget in our time around the wheel or spindle. It isn't necessarily just for the Christian mind, but for all faiths. There is a consciousness beyond our day-to-day life, which is connection with the divine in ourselves.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...