Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Writer's Block



The blog has been on hiatus because I haven't been able to write anything that didn't deal with planning. A lot has been going on since my last post. In March, I have two classes at The Creative Shops. If you click the "2012 Classes & Shows" tab you'll see all the events we've got planned. My bank's branch is hosting a display table advertising spot for small businesses banking with them. I signed up for March. Oh boy, that is way too soon. What I call a brain, did not quite register the craft fair, classes, and regular shop stuff this month. The "oh noes!!" affect has come into full swing. At least this has gotten me off my butt to make some brochures and tri-fold presentations of what I do for shows, too. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop have been and are my friends.

Today is knitting day at the church and at The Creative Shops. I will be meeting a woman, Janet of Cobweb Creations, at The Creative Shops to work out another collaboration of yarn meets pattern mistress. Afterwards I'll be taking my external hard drive to Staples to make copies of my hat pattern for the PhatFiber Sampler Box and buy the vinyl covers for them.

This last month, I rejoined PhatFiber. Last year my sales exploded in the months I did PhatFiber. Then it trickled down, and now we're barely making blips. Some of that is due to the name change, but it's becoming unacceptable at the moment. This way it gets into as many hands as I can send samples to. What's new and great about the box since joining are their promotions for both contributors and customers. They are having a $0.99 sale for the first two hours the box is for sale. That is insane, but the good insane! Then last month they held a buy Phat incentive drawing for a spinning wheel! Contributors for the month are entered into a drawing for what is called Seed Money. It's money to put back into your business. It's really a sweet deal.

For me, February has been a month to take a look at how business is being done and what to do to change it. Maybe this was my unseen resolution. Whichever it was, it is working. Only one of my goals for the month was accomplished. I finished knitting the mug hugs for Saturday. My goal for March, knitting Debbie's cowl and fingerless gloves set, is halfway done. The cowl is finished and the first fingerless glove is halfway done. So, perhaps it's two thirds of the way done. I will be taking commissions again in March. There are still a lot of things that need to be done for the shop, let alone the house.

So many things to do and so little time.
<3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...