Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Year

It has been one year since my husband and I were married. Yay!

Yesterday we celebrated by making our honeymoon mead. Peter had a wonderful time making it. While I he was in the kitchen I was receiving a amazing massage from one of our friends. Jess and I are doing a trade of talents. I knit and she does massage. My joints and muscles are thanking her today. She even helped me with some body mechanics on the wheel. 

After the mead was made and the massage was through we went to Chili's for lunch. That was an awesome lunch. I absolutely love eating at Chili's. They make a fantastic Southwestern Egg Roll. Also, the Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas are good, too. 

In 6 months we'll have to do a tasting of the mead to see if it is done. Then bottle it and let it sit. Letting it sit is the hardest part when it tastes so good. Maybe age three quarters of it to the full year, but have a bottle or two before. A good mead is my kryptonite. Maple mead is probably my absolute favorite next to a nice Polish. There is a mead on the market made by Oliver. It can be found at Meijer. It's really a nice tasting mead to get you started. 

The whole day was a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...