Friday, June 8, 2012

A little dreamy...

Well, I'm going to get right down to it, quick like a band aid. Today I submitted my application to Mission: Small Business. Chase and LivingSocial are teaming up to give twelve lucky small business owners a $250,000 grant! I am going to be one of those twelve. This grant would allow me to pay off the business credit card, open a brick and mortar shop, and become a dealer of fine yarns, fiber, and spinning wheels. It would open the door to the bigger idea of having a fiber arts weekend retreat center. This dream is keeping me alive and kicking! Please, vote for LMS Studio Arts of Elkhorn, WI. I need 250 votes by the 30th of June to compete for one of twelve spaces. Be sure to cross your fingers, too.

There are a few other things to share with you tonight as well. I've been searching for studio space for about a month or so. I'm happy to report that it has been found. Ted of Geneva Street Antiques are going to be sharing their upstairs kitchen space with me. I'm so darn excited! Ted, his wife, and his staff are great people! It's such a wonderful place to be in. I hope to set up camp in a couple of weeks!

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, has wonderful business owners. You can tell they are passionate about what they do. I love the positive atmosphere of this town and its business people. The traffic and parking meters I could do without, but it's not the end of the world.

Keep dreaming, and dream big!
Have a great weekend, too!!! 
<3

2 comments:

Iesadora said...

I voted for you!!! I so very much hope you win. Your dream for a physical shop is much like mine for an herb shop =D I shared the voting link on Facebook and asked everyone to vote for you. I hope it helps ::fingers crossed::

Emily said...

Thank you so very much!! I appreciate all help!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...