Friday, June 1, 2012

Ohio Road Trip: Destination New Philadelphia, OH – Part I


Good morning! Our trip is going well!

The drive into Chicago wasn’t too bad this go around. There was hardly any traffic or road construction! Woohoo! The cement tunnels still get me, though. I buried my head into some Angry Birds through Chicago. That was until Peter showed me something rather awesome. The ceiling level of overcast clouds was below that of the surrounding buildings. I’d love to hear about the view from people working on floors above the ceiling.

Then it was naptime. Peter does majority of the driving on road trips.

During our first stop prior to crossing into Ohio I broke my no caffeine and no sugar embargo. This last week I decided to quit caffeine and sugar. My weight has gone back up again to 190 pounds. Disgusted with this, I vowed to give those two things up, as well as drinking at least 40 ounces of water every day. The 3:30 a.m. wake up was enough to clinch the embargo for today. On the bright side of it all, I can barely stand the sugar in the chai tea latte.

I’ll be blogging our entire trip. Expect a few more posts today and tomorrow. With some luck we’ll have pictures, too. We’ve been following the weather from our home in Elkhorn, WI, which is nothing but rain. It’s nothing exciting or easy to photograph in, but I’ll see what we can do.

<3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...