Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 7 - July 6th

It is already the seventh day of the Tour de Fleece. I've been very busy on my wheel. My swap buddy gave  me a 4 ounce braid of BFL/Silk handpainted by Fiber Fancy. It is a really wonderful blend of fiber and color. My plan is for a true three ply yarn. What project I'll knit is a whole other topic. There is a request for a cowl with this yarn, but we'll see. At this moment there are one and one half bobbins full of this lovely yarn.



The technique I'm using is a semi-woolen draw with a clockwise single and counter clockwise ply. Spinning a true woolen single has been a trouble for me, but slowly it will be a technique I perfect. Of course, there are plenty of other techniques in between I've been going back to. The worsted technique is one I just finished. Believe it or not, I finally mastered a perfectly balanced single!

Also, today we bought Bailey his first toy! It "is" one of those toys on a string with feathers and a bell. I only say "is" because he destroyed it within the first hour of playing with it. At first he wasn't sure of what to make of the whole thing. Keep in mind this is his first toy ever. I estimate his age to be three or four years old. This is a big deal who has never seen fluorescent yellow and green feathers. Nothing moves ever that slow, jumps as high, or even flies that slow and low. For him, it was peculiar and scary. That was until I started walking around the yard with it trailed behind me. He then realized I was in control of this "thing". That was this toy's undoing. Some of the feathers came loose. Then the tug-o-war began and resulted in the complete detachment of the toy part and stick. On the bright side the toy part is still well intact. This just means it needs an emergency fish pole operation. Then it can jump further distances and run back at a more controlled pace. Until we can find a pole at Goodwill, Mr. Toy will have to remain in the basement operation waiting room.

That is all for today. I hope to post more this week!
<3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...