Thursday, April 29, 2010

Busy Busy

Last night I experimented with the att U-verse Video on Demand service. There was a free Cardio Hip Hop and a 10 minute ab program. I tried the Hip Hop program, but never found the rhythm. The 10 minute ab one I could do in my sleep. It's a bunch of the things we did in the military with a few more twists. It really worked, too.

This morning after some much needed Spongeboob Squarepants I did 30 minutes of free step aerobics and the 10 minute ab work out. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was a great movie for the background. It gave me some more colorway inspiration for today.

After loosing steam for two weeks my body volunteered to start building the dye day set up around noon-thirty to one o'clock. (Yes, noon-thirty. O'dark-thirty is 12:30 a.m.) I've got 4 new colorways coming to the shop on either Monday or Tuesday evening. It all depends when the roving has finished drying and when I'm working the day job next week. Here are the colorways:
  1. The Magrathean - Slartibartfast's cloak/coat has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. So I wanted to make a colorway to match.
  2. Boudica - She was the Queen of the Iceni Tribe during the Roman invasion into today's United Kingdom. Queen Boudica was the only woman to ever stand up to the Romans and win. She had some big balls!
  3. Capital Offense - The gnome race of World of Warcraft is a peculiar one indeed. That is all I have to say regarding this explosive colorway.
  4. Love & Beauty Shock - My favorite cartoon growing up was Sailor Moon. Now I'm not a morning person, but I'd wake up at 5 a.m. to watch that show. The title of this colorway is the name of an attack Sailor Venus uses in the end of the SuperS and throughout the Stars Season.
One of the Magrathean batches were screwed up. I've got to come up with a name for it and come up with a new way to dye it with Superwash roving. It'll probably kept in my screw up pile. I'm hoping to have more in Rambouillet. There may be more colorways tomorrow, too. So far it's been 3 lbs of wool dyed. (Merino 64s, SW Merino and SW BFL)

My hands are drying out from all the acid in the presoak. Hooray for the Bee Bars! Wednesday will be the last day for the raffle for one of those little beauties. So if you haven't found something at the site, keep an eye out for Monday and Tuesday.

Have a great night and stay tuned for another photos Friday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...