Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dye Day Challenge

Status: Complete

This day was a challenge because motivation was no where in sight. I mean no where. The past month as wiped me out completely. I've still got some residual effect going on, too. To try and perk me out of this funk dye day commenced with set up @ 10 a.m. Monday.

The main goal was to replicate my favorite colorway Jellyfishing. Goal was accomplished. Jellysfishing is going to be a permenant colorway from now on. It's not nearly as pretty in superwash as in regular wools. I attempted to do another Spongebob themed one and it didn't turn out as much as I liked...it might be a Mrs. Puff colorway. The other colorways really don't have any rhyme or reason, but we'll see what names I can come up with.

Don't forget that tomorrow is the last day to enter my July give-away. Well part one anyways. The unvieling of part two will be on July 16th. (Hopefully before I go to Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Festival.)

Something new on my blog is the Pepsi Refresh button. I urge you to help our native peoples and vote for this idea. The top two will win funding for their project. Right now we're at 74th place and voting ends on July 31st. I know we can help make a difference in these people's lives. Let's keep voting every day.

I started spinning up some batts on the Kromski Sonata this past Saturday at the Castle Gardens Nursery Craft/Antique/Flea Expo in Richmond. It's amazing how much differently the two wheels spin. It's like night and day. For now I am going back to the Sonata. I've been able to spin up two batts so far. There is still more work to be done. I'm blending two different batts together and there two more of each to go. This Saturday (7/17) I will be at the same location peddling my wares. The new colorways from this past dye day will be there and three new yarns. Also, I intend on setting up a better display than before. This expo is free to the public. If you're in the area, stop on by. We're in booth 18.

Hope you guys are having a cool day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...