Thursday, May 24, 2012

Praying for rain...

Today was extraordinarily hot and muggy. Even Bailey thinks so. I found him hiding under the dog trailer.


My plants are not doing so well in this stuff. Thankfully we are expecting a cold front, but Sunday the weathermen are expecting a day of 91 and hot!!! Holy moly! So, pray for rain.


I'm very thankful to have my studio space in the basement. It is the coolest place in the house, and today it paid off. I spent my day in the studio dyeing 2.5 pounds of wool. It's a colorway people continue to look for in stock, Sea Glass. Of the 2.5 pounds 1.5 of it is BFL combed top. The other pound is a 50/50 Merino/Tencel blend.


I tried a different olive coloring. It's the Dharma Trading Company's Avacado. Without having to use Brilliant Kelly Green, it turned out to be pretty awesome. The only other difference is the blue. It isn't as pale as the previous colorway, however, I believe it will turn out just as splendid. Phat Fiber's theme for the month of July is the Seaside Cottage. I think that this colorway will fit nicely. That's why the .5 pounds of BFL will be samples.

The packets of wool are cool, now. Have a great evening, and pray for rain.
<3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...