Thursday, December 2, 2010

Upping the Ante

For the past week my personal life has been crazy! I pulled a muscle in my leg and glute area. So, my shifts have been limited as well as my boss's patience. It happened at my day job bagging groceries & moving turkeys. For the next week I'm unable to work for more than 4 hours. It stinks, but it's giving me time to work on the advertising aspect of the shop. I've been creating graphics for Phat Fiber and Ravelry. That's right, I just started advertising on Ravelry.

Also, I've been working on what to dye up for the January box. (Hints have been dropped on twitter.) In the mean time I've joined the F.I.X. Co-op. Again, the plan is to start in January. So many things going on, but so little time. In addition to creating items for the box and prize box, I'll be doing a dye/work day today, tomorrow, and Saturday. It should be a whole lot of fun. There are so many ideas buzzing around in my head they need to get sorted and put down on paper. Doing this will give me some time to let the mail carrier bring in the mystery fibers for the Phat Fiber Box. Oh the yummies!

A few months ago I decided to make Spinner's Mates for some of my fiber pimps and friends for Christmas. About 2 months ago I finally finished gathering all measurements, fabrics, thread, etc. Today is the day to get the fabric cut and the preliminary pinning done. Depending on when the mystery fiber from International Fleeces arrives (super fast shipping as always, too) that will stop the sewing and start the dye day process.

My Etsy shop is being used for clearance items only. All updates will be run through Artfire from here on out. There are so many options with ArtFire, which are just starting to be explored by Etsy. My next update should be no later than Wednesday of the upcoming week.

Have a great weekend.
TTFN!

P.S. No giveaway this month. There is a lot to do. There will be one in January after the Phat Fiber Box has been shipped. Yes, I will spoil you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...